- 2lbs Red snapper (cut into 3’ thick )
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3-4Orchros (big chunks)
- ½ C Pumpkin (sliced thinly)
- 2 onions (red and white sliced thinly)
- 5 Garlic cloves (small diced)
- 2 Sprigs Chive, Celery, Thyme, Chadon Beni
- 1 Carrot (sliced thinly)
- 1 Sweet pepper (sliced thinly )
- 1Habanero pepper (small diced)
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced thinly)
- 2-3 C Water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean,-cut up and season fish with green seasonings, garlic, onion and lime juice.
- Heat pot with oil and butter.
- Add garlic and mirepoix (onion, carrot and celery) Allow to sauté for 2 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Add the head and tail of the fish. Note: (any fish can be used see video for recommendations )
- Add salt and pepper to flavour Note: (any herbs ands spices can be used )
- Allow to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and allow to cook until its broken down.
- Mix well, add water and let simmer
- To the pot add the remaining vegetables and fish
- Cover and bring to a boil for about 5-10 minutes. Note: (At this stage you are welcomed to add your provisions ,dumplings or any other ingredients you wish)
- Add salt, black pepper and green seasonings.
- Serve hot and enjoy.