2 large pigtail bones, cut up in bite size pieces
12 ochroes, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 leaves chadon beni, chopped
2 leaves parsley
2 sprigs chive, chopped
1/2 cup pumpkin, chopped
2 cups uncooked rice (parboiled)
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups water
2 tbsp vegetable Oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pigtail or any other type of meat being used until tender.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in oil
- Add the remaining vegetables(note any vegetable can be substituted)
- Cover the pot and allow to cook until tender.
- When the vegetables are soft add pigtail, seasonings, rice, coconut milk and water.
- Mix well , cover and allow the rice to cook(About 15 minutes)
- Check every 5 minutes by turning the ingredients and making sure there is enough water in the pot(note do not add an excessive amount of water, use just enough to cover the rice)
- Keep under a medium flame and allow most of the excess liquid to be absorbed.
- Check to see if the rice is tender and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Check out the full recipe video here: