- 3 packs of corn on the cob
- 2 large onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 10 carapulay leaves (curry leaves)
- curry powder
- amchar masala
- coconut milk
- Chop onions & habanero pepper. Remove seeds and membrane from pepper if you don’t want it too spicy.
- Grate/mince ginger & garlic (leaving two cloves whole)
- Finely chop carpulay leaves.
- Combine onions, habanero, grated ginger, garlic, thyme & carapulay leaves into a bowl with curry & masala. Add hot water and mix into a thick paste
- Score corn before cutting them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot then add two whole cloves of garlic. Fry until they are dark brown.
- Add curry paste and saute for approx 7 minutes
- Add corn and bay leaves and allow to cook on high heat for approx 7 minutes
- Add salt to taste.
- Add coconut milk making sure that all corn is submerged in the liquid. Add scotch bonnet pepper (whole) then cover pot and bring to a boil
- Turn down heat to medium – low and allow to cook for 1 hour & 30 mins.
- Share with family and friends… or eat the entire pot by yourself 🙂